The Great Northern Corridor Coalition is a regional cooperative comprised of eight states, numerous ports, BNSF Railway, and other interested stakeholders along the Corridor. The states of Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington have been collaborating for several years to promote region-wide cooperation, in transportation planning and shared infrastructure investment.
The Coalition’s primary purpose is to promote regional cooperation, planning, and shared project implementation for programs and projects. Its objective, to improve multimodal transportation system management and operations along the corridor, exactly matches the purpose of the Multimodal Corridor Operations and Management (MCOM) Program.
Member benefits include:
- Opportunities to participate in regional cooperative planning efforts
- Opportunities to collaborate on project implementation
- Occasions for technology transfers
- Shared support and technical assistance
- Opportunities to share lessons learned
- Access to a network of stakeholder peers